Thursday, October 27, 2005

Black people love us....

I can't even remember how I found this, someone must have sent me the link. It makes me laugh every time I see it. I have no idea why or how this started, although it is clearly a joke. This whole thing is very much in the spirit of the Bean Society back at BYU. It could have been a Garren's sketch (can't you see Lisa Clark or Katie Fillmore Craig as the girl with the sweater around her shoulders?)

Best part--the letters from people who don't realize it is a joke. :-)

http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/index.html

6 comments:

~j. said...

Okay, I always laugh when I see the scene from Dumb & Dumber where Jim Carrey is daydreaming about impressing all the people at the lodge, and he throws the dish of peanuts in his face and everyone is laughing hysterically.

This is at least ten times funnier than that.

Carina said...

I LOVE this site. Only the letters are better. Thanks for reminding me how funny it is.

Anonymous said...

A little off topic...where did you get your son's monkey hat that he wore in a previous post? I am having a boy soon and want to get one. Thanks! Jennifer

wendysue said...

Bek, I had to look twice at that picture because I could swear it was you!! So funny that you mentioned the Garrens, that's exactly what it looked like to me!! I loved the website, and where are these people from that think this is a serious website??

wendysue said...

Bek, I forgot to mention that you should totally send a picture of Jacob in to them for the testimonials along with some of the comments you get from people.

Bek said...

Jennifer,

I got the monkey hat at Gymboree last Christmas time. They had a sock monkey doll and clothing too. If you go to e bay they are selling tons of the stuff. It is called Sock Monkey, Monkey and Friends or Animal Crackers. They have cute lion stuff too! I got the matching jacket.....it was pretty popular and I have heard they might bring it back again for Christmas.

Good Luck.

Wendy--I am flattered that you thought I was the girl in the picture. She is TINY. Thank you, Thank you!! :-)