Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Dark Continent...

Hey everyone,

I am leaving tomorrow for Africa. I can't imagine that I will be more busy there then I have been trying to get ready to leave. I look forward to the plane just to be able to sit down and read a little bit. :-) The airline messed up my ticket and I just found out that I leave 12 hours earlier then I thought I did (but they upgraded me..so I can deal with it). I leave SF at 8:00 am tomorrow and will get to Kenya TWO DAYS LATER.......sheesh. I get to play tour guide for an entire day in London in between. Two red eye flights out to take care of jet lag. I will be so tired I will sleep when we get there no matter what!!!

I will not be able to post from there, I am pretty sure, but will try. I get back July 3rd, but will do a great travel journal and will post it when I get back. It is going to be nuts...our schedule is pretty tight (but we managed to squeeze in a day of Safari....).
I am going to miss my kids and husband and I am scared to fly....all the propeller planes might be a problem for me. We go on a propeller plane every day......

I can do this.

Have a great week and I'll see you all when I get back...

P.S. It was 104 degrees here today. Not good. I admire all you people who live in AZ and TX...I feel like I am going to strangle myself, with my children........it is much harder to parent in the heat. :-)

Oh, one more story. I am bringing TONS of candy w/ me (starbursts, mints, gum, etc). I don't give money to beggars, but I DO give candy and pens. Lauren saw all the bags of candy and asked me of she could have some. Before I knew it I answered "no Lulu, those are for the starving children in Africa". She answered "if they are so hungry why do they get candy before they get real food?". Touche.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Good point, Lauren! Bright girl, there.

Have a fantastic time. I'm very eager to hear the trip update when you get back!

Fizzle said...

BEK!

I continue to think you're posting to my blog from Africa. And yet tomorrow you leave. Woman, I am envious of your travels. Enjoy Kenya and it's warm "chilly" temperatures during winter!

Can't wait to hear all the details of your trip.

Fizzle said...

Oh...and the flight, kids thing? Flight you can handle. But enjoy, enjoy your role outside of the house for a bit...

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

good luck! i am so proud of you!

Bek said...

Fizzle.... I miss my kids after about day three b/c by then I have forgotten all the little stuff and would KILL for kiss. Then, about twelve minutes after I get home I remember why it is good to get away. That is why I have this side of myself. I am actually not worried about leaving my kids...it is the anxiety attack on the plane I am worried about. I will be drugged out of my mind so, no worries....


Nie Nie..have fun in Utah...safe travels...


BYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

La Yen said...

Awesome. Bring me back a baby. And some leftover candy.

Bek said...

Yen..I might not have any candy left over, but from what I hear they have plenty of babies......

Unknown said...

I'm too late for you to read this, but please enjoy! I can't wait to read your report!