Tuesday, July 04, 2006

HOME and Happy 4th


Hi everyone,

After traveling for 2 days, I MADE it home. I even got some sleep last night. My son won't look at me or talk to me (he just shakes his head..."no"....like I offended him). That might change when he see's me this morning. He a daddy bonded in a huge way.

I am uploading my pictures and have a travel journal that I will post soon. I will just post a few days at a time. This is my one and only journal for the trip...so if might be long.........:-)

Overall, it was a wonderful trip. It was great to see how the program is working on the ground and to get to meet the people in Africa that are working very hard to make things happen. It was WONDERFUL to meet the children and teachers that use the program and hear that all of our hard work is making a change in the lives of some of these children. Finally, it made me realize how very blessed I am to live in my home with my family. I am blessed that my children have parents who won't die anytime soon, that they have enough to eat and that they have sparkle in their eyes. For all the smiling children I saw in Africa, I saw as many blank eyes above those smiles. There is MUCH that needs to be done.

More later,
Rebecca

9 comments:

Fizzle said...

Bek-welcome home! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear more about the program.

Any chance, btw, you're going to BlogHer? I think it's in your neck of the woods (San Jose).

Julie said...

Glad you're home and you're safe and I'm eager to read the journal and excited to see the pictures.

Bek said...

Fizz,

I am not GOING to blogher, persay...but since it IS in my neck of the woods...I can still try and meet people.......

:-) Are you going?
R

Wendy said...

So glad you are home and all went well! Can't wait to read about it and see pics! :-)

QueenScarlett said...

Glad you're back safe and sound. Can't wait to hear about your adventures...you brave woman. ;-)

Avery said...

bwana asa fwiwai (SP?)

can't wait to see the pics. hear the stories and hear how you improved life by just a smidgen for people that so desperately need it.

~j. said...

Welcome home! I join in being grateful for your safe travels and can't wait to hear more.

Sister Pottymouth said...

Welcome home, Bek! I'm glad you had a safe and successful trip. Can't wait to read more details!

Lyle said...

Welcome back. I love the "Famous Corn Oil Hotel" picture.