Friday, October 13, 2006

Halloween at the Crazy house..

Look at my pretty pumpkins!!


I found some cool ones called Fairy Tale and Cinderella pumpkins. I love how they all look together. I LOVE LOVE LOVE orange and I am thinking about painting one of my bathrooms orange, but that is another post for another day. I was taking pictures of the pumpkins and thought I would get a head start on the kid Halloween pictures. In fact, I was going to take pictures of Cubby early to send to his brothers so that they would have them BEFORE Halloween. Easy, fun and responsible. Right?

First problem: Jacob won't put down the stupid blue golf club and ball he has been carrying around for days. He likes to hit the baby's bottle w/ the club (not while she is drinking it though). His grandfather is thrilled that he has a potential golf buddy in the works, but I am frankly tired of being smacked with it. Cubby sat in the doorway and perfected his favorite word. No. But he says it in a very snotty 6 year old way. Noooooooooooo. I wonder where he learned that?

Second problem: He is not wearing pants. I can't keep pants on this kid. I can't really keep diapers on him either but that is also an entirely different post.



"JJ come here".

"NO".

"JJ please come here".

"NOOOOOO".

"JJ, let me take picture of you with the pumpkins. Please"?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"


"JJ, come hit the pumpkins w/ your golf club. Look it is a ball".

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"Look Cubby, Elmo is by the pumpkin".

"ELMO"?

He happily climbs over the pumpkins to find Elmo. Lucky for me his memory is about the same as a goldfish and he has forgotten all about Elmo by the time he climbs to the top.

Third problem: He thinks the pumpkins are balls. We have a sloping driveway and at Halloween it facilitates a new fun game. The game is for him to see how many pumpkins he can roll down the driveway while Mommy is getting Squeaks out of the car. The small ones make perfect projectiles. We are into he throwing stage.

"Cub...Sit there while Mommy takes a picture....."



"Sit down!" "Please?"

"Come back here!!!"

"Don't throw those please (look at that face!!!)" ....




Uh oh...they are starting to tumble.... (look at the front pumpkin starting to roll and the little one is already flying!!)

TIIIIIIIMBER!!!


And the good mom that I am I keep shooting instead of helping him. The minute he started to slide off the pumpkin I thought to myself...this could be blog worthy. I had no idea I would get this picture. How great is that? The white pumpkin is in mid air. MID AIR people. You can't really tell but Jacob is actually parallel to the ground here. He wasn't hurt though. He is a tough kid. Right after he fell off the pumpkin pile he kicked the little ones into the rocks by the front door and the walked over to the biggest pumpkin and PICKED IT UP!

21 comments:

sarah said...

Those pictures are absolutely hilarious!! It's a good thing pumpkins are so tough! Supergirl has been sleeping with hers, although she did through it down the stairs yesterday!

Carina said...

I can't believe that shot--way to go! As for Cubby holding the pumpkins above his head, just WAITING for you to make a move, I think I've seen that look half a dozen times this week as Guille is unable to leave the mini-pumpkins and gourds on my kitchen table alone.

Julie said...

Pumpkins: cute.
Story: Funny.

But HOLY COW if I didn't KNOW for DARN SURE that our boys were not bio brothers...hole-eeeee cow. We say that Josh is going to be the next Denzel Washington - the next perfect, gorgeous black man. So I guess Cubby and Josh will be side-by-side in People magazine's hottest man of the year, huh?

(as an aside, we got home from vacation and I was like hey! What happened on people.com! I need to be caught up! - I knew you'd appreciate that one)

Mandy said...

That picture where Cubby is holding the two gords in the air is the exact same look I get from Asha when she's doing something she knows is not entirely right.

He is so cute and what a good job catching the TIMBER picture. It is so funny. That whole section of pictures should be put in a frame.

As for not being able to keep pants on him we are having the problem with jammies. She loves zippers and unzips them about a zillion times every night and tries to walk out of them.

Bek said...

Mandy...Cubby does that too...but he will take off his diaper and then zip himself back up. He takes off his pants, takes off his diaper then puts his pants back on... is it time to potty train? (please no!!).

Julie..we actually don't know that they aren't brothers...right? We have no father info so a gal can dream...... my son and your son...brothers....DONE!!!

Azucar...you are a year ahead of us in this process...it doesn't go away, huh?

Sarah...That is why I buy the waxed ones!! They handle being thrown much, much better!!!

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

love the pictures!

Girl con Queso said...

Oh my gosh! Amazing shots. Love them. I'm laughing out loud!

Erin said...

Bek,
Oh my gosh...these are hilarious. I am not kidding...between the "Laruen take down" and the "no pants" and pumpkin escapade, it is just scary how much Marcus and Mr. Cubby are alike! It would be frightening to see them in the same room!!!!
He is darling and you did a great job with the pics. (And I love you pumpkins!)

Hugs,
E

Unknown said...

I am laughing my HEAD off reading this! This is SO classic! Love all these pics :)

5KidMom said...

Those pictures are hilarious!! That's about how those things work out at my house too. 8^)

Thanks for stopping by my blog during the Owlhaven comment fest.

Lyle said...

What a moment to catch on still film. If I had any awards to give out, your's would be at the top of the list.

KelseyChristine said...

Oh my goodness, he is hilarious! I can't believe he picked that pumpkin up...

QueenScarlett said...

That's awesome...cubby is so cute. By the way - where did you get your sling carrier in your self-portrait? Been wanting to do the sling thing.

Suzie Petunia said...

Beautiful and amazing pictures! Nice job, Mom! I can't believe he can pick up that big pumpkin!!

~j. said...

Great photos, as always! Those pumpkins would inspire me to paint something orange, too.

Dawn said...

Those pictures are the best! He is just too cute!

Hugs,
Dawn

Sister Pottymouth said...

Cubby's face in the "Timber!" picture had me ON THE FLOOR!!!! What a great shot of his face--and the flying pumpkins. I'm glad he wasn't hurt.

Bek said...

I should have noted that no children or pumpkins were injured in the making of my photo montage...

Queen..I got the sling at Kangaroo Kids..I'll send you the link and info... but get the cotton..the fleece is TOO hot....

Leilouta said...

He is adorable :)

Bek said...

Leilouta--

THanks. I have to ask...HOW did you find me? I have been absorbed in your blog and cannot imagine how on earth you managed to find your way over.... Just curious and welcome...

Wendy said...

Ha Ha Ha! That is too darn funny! :-)

Wendy (from Flippin' Sweet)