Friday, March 26, 2010

Wheee...



Thanks for leaving all those comments folks. It was the best adult interaction I have had all week.

Since it is has been more than a year since we had a post and closer to two since I posted anything really substantial, I better do the dreaded catch up. The short versions is : had a baby, therapy, therapy, therapy, laundry, therapy, therapy, sleep, laundry, dishes, church, therapy, birthday party, therapy, therapy, new therapy, new diagnosis, therapy, school, got a dog, therapy, therapy, therapy, get kicked out of school, therapy, therapist quits, therapy. :-) While it might seem like all of that therapy was for me (don't kid yourself, some of it was), it was mostly for the kids. We have the basic cocktail of therapist for each of them. Norah gets Speech, Occupational and Physical therapy twice a week,as well as Early Intervention classes and evaluations. Gracie got the same thing. Jacob gets sensory therapy, behavior modification and social skills classes and talking therapy.

I also have therapy (I eat a good restaurants with my friends and occasionally buy a new book for the Kindle and lock myself in my car to read........best therapy ever. That and my prescription drug addiction...... HA! got you! That would mean more therapy and I am afraid that there is just not enough time for that kind of an addiction). To top it all off, my nine year old has recently started showing some signs of stress and frustration being the oldest of all these kids and (in her words) "It is so hard to be the different one in the family". I guess if you are the only "typical" kid in a family of "special" kids, you feel left out if you don't also have a therapist. So we got her one (ssh, don't tell her, it is really an art teacher who is studying to get a degree in art therapy -- so they do one on one art classes and talk about how to manage the things that stress her out). Only in my family right?

We have't yet told the kids that all this therapy is coming out of their college funds, so they better REALLY listen to all these therapist and figure out how to get a scholarship to college (well, after they figure out how to do things like walk and draw a line that crosses the mid-line--therapy mom's...AM I RIGHT? Is it the freaking midline that is stumping anyone elses kids???.......)

I bet you forgot how much I like to write in parenthesis. I kind of did too, so I will try and cut it out. I am afraid that this blog is going to become even more stream of consciousness than before. There isn't a whole lot of time to craft a post and reread things (and this new fangled spell check? That is for sissys). At this point, as long as my unedited typing doesn't contain any swear words, we are good.

That is it for me today. I am off to take Cubby to................... ice skating lessons. I bet you thought I was going to say therapy, huh? Well, sometimes our 5 year olds just really want to ice skate. Keeping you on your toes. That is how we roll around here.

I'll do an update on the kids over the next few days. I love to see who is reading so leave a comment if you haven't already. I need to get some new blogs on my "must read" list. You know, for all the times I lock myself in the car (thank you iPhone). Its therapy.
Also, admit it, that picture of Gracie at the top kind of makes you believe in Santa. Just a little bit.

22 comments:

Renee said...

So sweet..and really I find it quite

THERAPEUTIC :o)

Emily said...

I'm here and loving that you're back!

La Yen said...

Man, I feel like I need to get Jooj into therapy just so she can keep up with the Binghams.

Hooray for Santa and Grace!

Hildie said...

Are you sure she isn't looking at that fake Santa and thinking, "you fool!"

I love the stream-of-conciousness.

Kalli said...

Hiiiiii you're back!!!

Kathy's Korner said...

hooray your BACK!!!

sue-donym said...

I'm here! So glad you're posting again.

That Grace is one adorable girl.

The Mom said...

Wow. You are amazing. I can't wait to read more!

~j. said...

I miss you!

dalene said...

welcome back. i miss you. give me a holla next time you're in town.

xo

Anonymous said...

Still reading you and still blogging myself. Went to password protected and new blog though. Blogging, my therapy!

angie said...

i saw on my sidebar that you have updated! i hope you are well - it looks like you are busy as ever! take care!

Carina said...

Yay!

acte gratuit said...

You don't know me, and I have no idea how I found your blog, but....
I'm glad you're back!!
I think you have a very interesting life and it's fun getting a peek into it!

Wendy Sue said...

I'm looking forward to reading all of the updates. :) And, for the record, I also enjoy using lots of parenthesis...as well as the frequent use of 'dot, dot, dot' in my writing.

Hope you had fun at the rink!

Are you ever coming home? I'd love to see you! :o)

Scarehaircare said...

THERE YOU ARE! I was wondering if you won the lottery, bought a private island in the Bahamas, and was living it up. No? Perhaps your therapists will after all the money you invested. :)

Syd said...

Love it. You can be MY therapy! :) I was so thrilled to find you on facebook, and now just as excited to see you back to the blog. You are amazing Bek and I am glad you are back!! Sounds like you've had quite the excuse for not blogging!! Keep it up, parenthesis and all!!

pippinm said...

Love reading your posts. Your life is....C.R.A.Z.Y.!!!

Sister Pottymouth said...

I love Girls' Night Out therapy!

I love that you're back!

And I can't wait to see pictures of Gracie...and Norah, and Cubby, and Lulu. Bring it on!

Unknown said...

I'm reading! I'm also a Bay Area (Oakland) mama of a transracially adopted kiddo with special needs (autism), so I LOVE your blog . . . plus you make me laugh! So glad you're back!!

HCP

Katie said...

Hi, I just saw that you are writing again. Yay! I've missed your blog over the past year. It has always been one of my absolute favorites. Looking forward to the next chapter!

mayhem.mama@yahoo.com said...

I just happened to check back and see that you've been blogging again lately. Hooray!!