Friday, June 06, 2008

Well, what do you know?

I sent around a few pictures of the baby to my family the other day. My mom wrote back and said something to the effect of "is it me, or does she look like Lu?". I see a lot of Lulu in our little Ace, but wasn't too sure. Then I took this picture.




Maybe it is only when I shoot them straight up the nose, but I'd say these girls were sisters, wouldn't you? Granted, in our family we aren't used to sisters looking too much alike. Before Acie joined our family in person, I was very, very focused on the things that should would have that would make her different. While people with Down Syndrome could all pass as cousins, the family genetics come out loud and clear too. She looks like us, because she came from us. Not even her upturned eyes, lower ears and sweet little nose can mask that. What a happy surprise.


This is the picture that I am thinking of using for her birth announcement. I took some photos of the kids for my husband's fathers day present (don't worry, he doesn't read this blog...so we are safe). It has been a long, long, LOOOONNNNGGG time since I have felt like taking pictures of my kids. One more tiny step in me feeling more like myself these days.....




I spent a lot of time today trying to get a picture of Norah. I kind of lucked into this one.




Nono spent most of the morning looking like this....

She has some teeth coming in and has been a serious cranky pants

This one, on the other hand, is doing a really good job at practicing being defiant. Today he had the following punishments... he had to wear clothes, he was NOT allowed to vacuum, he was not allowed to have veggies at lunch...(these punishments defy logic, I know..but they work)

.....and about 12 seconds after this picture was taken, he had to have the dreaded "sad bath". This is Cubby's version of "the last resort". It is one of the only things that really works with him(this is a child that actually laughs at most consequences....). If you promise not to call CPS on me, I'll tell you what it is....

But he sure is a cute little stinker. Yogurt face and all.
And now I will leave you with the cuteness that is Ace. She has been chewing on her tongue a lot lately, it is pretty cute. Also, look how translucent her skin it!!


Lulu is out of school next week. She has been pretty good lately. There is still the requisite eye rolling going on, but mostly she has settled down a bit. She started piano last month and really, really LOVES it. Her most effective consequence is NOT being allowed to practice. She is really good too, her teacher tells me that she picks up the theory really quickly and is moving pretty fast. She is going to be in the recital this weekend. How crazy is that? She really loves to play and seems to have a talent for it, so I hope this can be something that she can work at for the next few years..... I can't believe she is going to be 8.

27 comments:

La Yen said...

Let me know about the sad bath. Because I am willing to try anything for The Jooj.

Raina's Pack said...

Wonderful pictures! The kids are all so beautiful in their own ways. I love the one of Cubby with his elbows up and yes, Ace has the most amazing looking skin!

JandJ said...

Oh Rebecca,
I love these cute pictures of your kids...capturing the perfect photo is your talent. Can't wait to see you in real life.
-Janet

b. said...

ohhhhhhh....those pictures are precious!!!
(I feel like that sounded like an old lady....but they ARE!!!)

I think she looks like you guys.

ebethbingham said...

I agree with you on the birth annoucement picture, she looks so sweet! It's a great picture, I love her eyes in it. I love all these pictures, they are wonderful!

And I am SO curious about the "sad bath" I must hear this one!

Erin said...

Great photos!

Hey- I was in PA yesterday visiting my bro- we ate take out from Jeffrey's Diner. Anyway, I thought of you as we passed through. One of these days we'll have to meet up.

My husband doesn't read my blog, either.

Elisa said...

I love those pics of your kiddos!! They are adorable-- the one you have chosen for the birth announcement is perfect!

My daughter's nickname is LuLu too... I wonder if they have the same first name. I bet they do! How fun!

angie said...

I love all the pics Bek. What beautiful kids and Cubby cracks me up, he sounds a lot like my Carsen. I am so glad you are blogging more!

Carina said...

I love the picture of Ace for the announcement, it's darling.

That Cubby, he's such TROUBLE you can just see it in those pictures!

Nellie said...

Oh, my goodness you have adorable children. All of them, regardless of skin color! I just want to eat those cheeks of tiny Ace -- and as for Lauren, 8 is tricky -- apparently there really is an age of accountability. Daisy is a piece of work . . . she and L would love each other!

Haley Warner said...

Wow. Wow. Really.. your family is amazing. Will you email me and we'll "talk" about pics.. :) haleyannwarner@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Sweet! It just occurred to me that you could put together a beautiful and striking coffee table book just of photos of your gorgeous family. I want one.

More Caffiene, Please said...

Those pictures are so great. I love the one of Ace asleep. You can tell by just looking at her that she is just the sweetest little thing! And you can also tell from just looking at Cubby that he is FULL OF IT. So cute!

I read on my cousin Haley's blog that you're going to be in Park City - over the 4th of July? So will I. If that's the same weekend we should meet!

Kalli Ko said...

Love the pics, gorgeous children

Cubby's face kills me, so full of it

and I love the one with Lu and Ace

Anonymous said...

Cubby, oh Cubby! He just makes my heart melt all over the place. I love the shot of Ace with her tongue out, and the one you are thinking of for the birth announcement is perfect. The shot of Nonas with Ace is a study in dichotomy- and might be worthy of some kind of award. Positively lovely. Glad Lu is liking piano- as soon as we are employed again, Jeff starts. He has the same look Lu does, with the big permanent teeth all I can see in his smile these days.

Syd said...

You've got to be kidding me. Bek, how can you start blogging again when I don't have time to read? :) CUTE CUTE pictures. Very sweet. Wanna take pics of my newest? :) Hugs!!

Leisha Mareth said...

Beautiful pictures...!! Beautiful children...!! Feel like coming to TX to snap pics of mine? All I'm getting are grumpy faces...maybe I need to take a break.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bek... I found your blog via AdoptionTeaTime. I started reading last night and I ended up reading most of it. What can I say? I got addicted... I'm in the process of beginning adoption (domestic, but most likely transracial) AND I run a nonprofit dedicated to helping folks in my state who have special needs. A good portion of those people are children and adults with Trisomy 21. How lucky for me that I stumbled onto this blog. Keep up the good work. Whether it makes you uncomfortable or not, you are one great mama.

Mumsy said...

Your kids are just too cute! Great pictures of them. LOVE them all.

Michelle said...

I love the black and white pic you're thinking of using for the birth announcement!

Suzie Petunia said...

You've still got it, woman! Your photographs are beautiful. I love the black and white one of N and G especially.

liz said...

AMAZING photos! wow. so many great ones and then kept getting better as i scrolled down...

your baby girl looks so pretty and peaceful such a darling.

sue-donym said...

Stunning. Your children are beautiful, and when you are feeling overwhelmed you can look at the photos and remember these few precious moments.

You are one of my heroes!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are absolutely the most adorable kids I've seen in a long time. Just beautiful. You lucky mama.

Anonymous said...

Photo number 4 black & white version--it's PERFECT!

They are all wonderful, but I adore the forth one.

Tammy and Parker said...

Beautiful kids. Each and every one.

Omgirl said...

Thanks for finding my blog and saying Hi. I love finding new blogs too! (O)h, and PRECIOUS kids!