Friday, February 10, 2006

For all you procrastinators...

Hello everybody,

I am going to put up a post really soon about Lulu, with funny stories and pictures and everything. I have been accused of having a Jacob-centric blog lately. It isn't that, it is just that currently we pretty much get only whining, crying and sassy talk from Lulu and that just doesn't make good blog fodder. It is MUCH more entertaining to take pictures of a human origami project.

Anyway, Valentines Day is creeping up on us and I know that a few of you are still out there looking for gifts for your special someone. I found something that just might fit the bill. I already tried to get Derek to buy it for me, but he said that he already has it covered. I just want to share the love. You don't have to thank me..............


Seriously. Who doesn't want a beautiful swan table? The description says that this was COMMISSIONED by someone that wanted to create the effect of "peace and serenity". Have these people ever SEEN swans? They are the ones that are always chasing my kids at the duck pond. Nothing says serenity to me more then a glass table top. Not only does this require that I keep all the mac and cheese covered fingers, markers and general children generated goo away from it, but I have to keep it clean UNDERNEATH? Isn't that the one place that it is socially acceptable to have food on the floor for more then a day? :-)

Don't forget the etching. That is a great detail, just in case you didn't get the whole "swan effect" the first time. All this can be yours for the low, low price of $3,000. That is right, 3 grand. :-)

8 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

WHAT? Valentines' Day is coming up??!

The table just kills me. The day I spend $3,000 on an ugly coffee table... I can't even finish that thought...

Rachel said...

i gotta get me one of those...

Carina said...

Not if I get there first...

Bek said...

Ladies, ladies....since this was a comissioned piece (can you believe it?) I am sure the artist will make one for BOTH of you!!

More Caffiene, Please said...

It must be an artifact from the old Dynasty television set. That's why it's so expensive.

Heather said...

You have been nominated by a reader who is amazed and inspired by your blog for a blog award at One Woman's World. If you'd like to post the nominee banner on your site, send me an email at onewomansworld (at) gmail.com. Honestly, the nomination she sent in was a whole letter about how wonderful your blog is. It must be really great!

Lyle said...

Not even in a my future mid-life crisis could I spend $3000 on anything fragile. Sure, someday my kids will all be out of the house, but what about grandkids? The "gooey" finger issue will always be an issue.

Granted, my mom has a porceline swan that sits inside a glass octagon {[the back three sides and bottom are mirror] (built by my father...who didn't spend more than a $100 for the entire project)} It hides safely in a corner, out-of-the-way-from-grand-kids.

Ohhh the practical things I could spend three grand on...if ever I have three grand to blow...

Bek said...

Yeah, neither of my cars is worth that much money right now. I am actually pretty sure that I don't own anything that costs that much (besides Jacob, of course). :-)

R