Saturday, February 23, 2008

Seaworld...

I am sorry I have been absent, but here are a few pictures to tide you over. We had a family trip to SeaWorld and Disneyland in January. We met up with two of my sisters and their kids. It was fun to see all the kids together, hopped up on sugar, being crazy.....


The kids loved the stingrays this time. We spent a LOT of time here....

After the Shamu show (which the kids were only semi interested in, but one of my niece's loved and kept shouting "Shampoo!! Shampoo!!) Jacob took great delight in feeding the seagulls his extra popcorn. For a few minutes we thought some of them might carry him away... he loved it.
D with Jacob and my niece Rapunzel. The had a good time picking up the starfish and then throwing them back. Poor starfish. Cubby and L are only a few weeks apart in age, Norah and Tank are just a few weeks apart too, we love to steal thunder in our family (our kids are younger and showed up w/ short notice..there is a new family joke that when someone has a baby, it means we are going to adopt again... ).


It is not fair for such a small girl to have SUCH beautiful, long hair. Lucky Rapunzel (unlucky mamma that has to brush it!!)


Tank and Norah (2 weeks apart) running around by the penguin exhibit. Penguins smell. Really, really smell. Ick.


D helping Norah practice walking. So close. We are SOOO close (and this is the point where she usually throws herself on the ground and screams bloody murder b/c she does NOT want to practice walking). Stubborn little lady.

Norah wasn't quite as enamoured with the starfish as the rest of the kids.


Baby Bird... she is Rapunzel's baby sister. She is the happiest baby EVER!

Here are my sister Nie's kids. Tank is in the back and in the front is The Monkey Man. They are the dynamic duo. One sister has two girls, the other has two boys. We are all about symmetry in our family....

Aunt Nie brings the good stuff. Nothing like suckers to keep everyone happy. We might have gone through her entire, huge Ziploc bag...... oops.

Just to clarify, I know it looks like Tank has just returned from an Ultimate Fighting match (that he lost), but really he just loves to fall down; down stairs, off chairs, etc, etc. The poor boy was sporting several goose eggs. I know Nie thinks that everyone will think she did this to her kids, but they do a great job whacking up themselves (and for them, it is all in a day's adventure, they have no consideration for their poor mamma!!!).

The end of the day it got REALLY cold and foggy. We loaded the kids up on peanut butter and funnel cake and prepared ourselves for two fun filled days at the Happiest Place on Earth......


9 comments:

CKW said...

Tank! I love it. I only wish he were! It was such a great trip. Makes me want to do it again soon...

Bek said...

I didn't want to use real names (b/c I didn't ask you first). He is a Tank... (mostly cause of Thomas the Tank Engine...) Now everyone knows his name... ;-)

That was a good trip. Yesterday D said "Bek, this minivan wants to go to Disneyland SO bad..."

CKW said...

Derek is wise...

Miriam said...

The trip looks like kid heaven- it's so cool that yours are getting old enough to remember the neat things you all do together. Awesome pictures! My favorites are Cubby with the birds and Baby Bird in her stroller.

Hope you're feeling good this week. Just a few left!

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. I have been thinking about Sea World and when we could take our kids. I loved it when I was little.

Norah looks like she's got quite a grip on her sucker! It's not gonna get away from her!

Leisha Mareth said...

Ohhh, so fun. Pics of kids at Disneyland...what could be better?

Hey, do you have an e-mail listed somewhere that I missed? I wanted to ask you a couple of questions re: adoption (we just got an african american foster son) It's okay if you don't, but if I missed it point it out to me!

Bek said...

leisha... it is
rebeccakbingham at yahoo

Another boy!! Wow...does that make 4 now? You guys are amazing!! Ask away.

Leisha Mareth said...

Thanks...we are using the nickname Cubby from your Cubby! We just couldn't call the baby Larry....it just wasn't right!

Allie said...

You have no idea who I am, but I found you through Hollywood Flakes. You just happened to have found MY dream house! I just wish it were in my state. Oh, and I just got back from a family vacation to Sea World/Disneyland. Weird huh? Cute blog!