Friday, September 08, 2006

In an effort to take lots and lots of pictures for Nori's mom, T, I tried to do a photo session w/ her. Jacob decided that he needed to hold her NOW and not put her down. He is a little bit rough with her sometimes. I figured it could be cute to get pictures of the two of them together so I started snapping.

Sadly, most of the pictures turned out looking like THIS:



It's like she KNOWS what he wants to do to her (poke her eyeballs out, stick the bottle so far down her throat that she chokes.....but all in the name of love, people). She looked equally disturbed in all the other photos, like the love child of Star Jones and Yoda. Then I remembered another photo shoot that I tried to do when Jacob was Nori's age. The pictures turned out like this:

It's ok. Not cute. Neither of them. Lauren was not a very cute baby either. I think I just get little gremlin babies that eventually become cute. Lauren is a cute girl and Cubby is dreamy now (although will I look back on THESE pictures and think "ewww, not cute?" Who knows, I will tell you in 10 years). I guess there is hope.

So, as you all head into your weekend (esp you Fizz-GOOD LUCK on the half Iron Man....) remember that I gave you something to smile about. It is almost comic when you think about it..... my poor little troll babies.

10 comments:

sarah said...

Baby Norah looks absolutely terrified in that picture! Smart, smart girl!!!
:)

Julie said...

I love that you actually WRITE it. Because sometimes I cringe that I simply *think* it. Sometimes I look at Jake's baby pictures and think: wow, I thought you should be a model? And even Josh looks incredibly different and WAY cuter from 1/2 his short life ago. Funny, huh?

This is me said...

My husband and I always talk about the "alien baby" phase. All babies go through it. It's like, they're really cute as newborns just by virtue of the fact that they are so tiny and scrunched up. Then, it takes a little while for the smiley, chubby phase to arrive and until then they are just kind of awkward looking. It usually happens between 6 weeks and 4 months. During that time, we just hope and pray that they will outgrow it!

wendysue said...

I love that Nori is onto J already. You won't have to worry about her a bit.

Betina said...

Jacob's baby picture is HILARIOUS. He is very cute now.

Bek said...

We thought he looked like Don King at the time...we just didn't realize that he looked like Don King in the last stages of cancer....

dalene said...

Oh my gosh--the look on her face in the first one says it all, doesn't it!

Carina said...

No kidding, that look is priceless.

There are a few pictures of El Guille where I think to myself, jeez, good thing you grew out of THAT!

Wendy said...

You gave me my first good laugh of the day! ;-) Your kids are CUTE, even if they start out a little "troll-ish!" :-)

Flippin' Sweet Wendy

Carina said...

That pic of Nori is still cracking me up...