Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lauren-ism

The other day Lulu asked if she could have some lotion. I told her that she could but to be careful because a little bit goes a long way.

"you mean, like, less is more?"

"yes, how did you know that phrase?"

"What you used to love now, you're gonna adore
Charmin Ultra......Less is More.....

Cha, cha, cha Charmin"

You know the commercial w/ the cartoon bear? Again my firstborn proves that annoying jingles WORK. She then asked me if I was ever going to buy the new giant Oxyclean ball "that lasts up to 25 loads".

If you haven't heard the jingle...here is it.... http://www.charmin.com/en_us/templates/charmin_popup.html

8 comments:

CKW said...

My favorite Lauren-ism was when we were travelling back to Ca from Ut with her and passed a Best Western and she suggested we stay there "because wherever life takes you, Best Western is there..." She did get annoyed though, when we couldn't stop laughing! Poor Lulu! A slave to her (selectively) photgraphic memory.

Fizzle said...

It shocks me how many of my childhood commercial jingles can come back. Even the offensive ones like "ancient chinese secret." What was that laundry detergent?

Bek said...

Tide? Whisk? Good one Fizz... I would have never thought that was offensive (at the time). It didn't occur to me..... live and learn, right?

Yes, she gives me 2 or 3 jingles a day. Maybe we watch too much tv? :-)

dalene said...

That reminds me of when I got in this smashing car wreck and my then five-year-old daughter says, "I know, you need to call Keith Barton." (formerly known as the "one call that's all" guy in these parts...

~j. said...

Bek, I remember you telling me about Lulu saying, "IHOP has a surprising new entree...". I use that line every now and then. So funny.

I know a kid who was Keith Barton one year for Halloween.

Girl con Queso said...

Nice to know that, if we listen, we can learn important life lessons from toilet paper.

Lisa said...

I think that we're all forgetting the important message in all this: less IS more.

Out of the mouths of babes, Erbecca.

One more reason (out of money) I heart tv.

dalene said...

ps love the new look. how'd you do that?