Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My name is Rebecca....and I am an addict....


Yesterday I got ambitious and took the kids out of the house. I had three stops planned. About 12 seconds into the first stop I realized that it would be the ONLY one that day. The other errands weren't really that important (diapers and formula...who needs them REALLY?) I knew that I absolutely could not go home without getting some more caffeine. This was my third day w/ no sleep (Derek is in Boston) and the baby is still using the night time hours as her personal Mommy and Me bonding time. If I was going to make it through the day with out anyone crying (well, without me crying) I needed some help. Frankly, I wish someone would just invent something I can inject directly into my veins and save me from all that bothersome swallowing.........but since the FDA has all of their "rules" and "regulations" I was forced to find the liquid variety (not to mention that it is a slippery slope from injecting caffeine to injecting other naughty things like Nutella and Hollandaise Sauce....Caffeine is the gateway drug).

The store that I was at didn't have much selection. None, in fact. What they had was the new Diet Pepsi JAZZ soda in Strawberries and Cream. Clearly this is a new idea because I haven't seen this before. This might be a reaction to the Diet Coke w/ Black Cherry Vanilla, Cinnamon, gold powder and fairy dust. How many flavors does a soda need? Besides...isn't Diet Coke with Black Cherry and Vanilla called Diet Dr. Pepper?

As for the Diet Pepsi with strawberries, cream, puppies, unicorns, rainbows and fairies. NO. NO and NO.

Who's idea was this? Did they test market it AT ALL? The topnote of this soda is what Strawberry markers would taste like if they tasted like they smell. The backnote was a delightful combination of Pepto and that really crappy cheap store brand strawberry soda that stopped tasting good when I was 7. Plus, this is brown. Soda that tastes like that should be radioactive pink. It is the only way to justify it. Bleach....

But, like an alcoholic that drinks fingernail polish remover when there is nothing else in the house. I drank it. I drank it all.

(hangs her head in shame).......

12 comments:

Julie said...

You CRACK me up. I tried the Diet Pepsi with Cherry and all the other secret ingredients you mentioned. First thought? Hello, Dr. Pepper.

And I *love* your new design. Very pretty.

That phone call we said we'd have last week? How about tomorrow? Mid-day?

Bek said...

Sure....how about now? Where are you?

Bek said...

MAK...you should comment. No one thinks my family reads this...no matter how many times I say it is a blog to keep the family updated....
R

Stephanie Aurora Clark Nielson said...

LOVE the new look!

This is me said...

This was a great post and I love the new design. Just this week, I have sworn off soda of all varieties (I was a straight-up Coke kind of girl). Three days in and I'm barely hanging on by a thread!

PS-I love how it says "Ignore the Crazy" at the top and then the three pictures of your kids underneath as if to say "and THIS is the crazy." Classic.

Lisa said...

I love, love, love your new look! And I love it how each of your kids looks so different--and they're all so beautiful!

I hope you take that break really soon. I'm so sad I can't go with you. You have no idea.

I like the diet black cherry vanilla, but that Jazz Pepsi is WEIRD! I LOVED your description of it! unicorns and fairy dust. . . classic!

Coke Zero is the best!!! It's tastes just like my favorite "Jimmy V" : half diet coke, half regular coke. I'm just sayin'. . . wash it down with some Arby's fried cheese and you've got yourself a treat!

Suzie Petunia said...

I love your new look! But I have to admit caffeine does NOTHING for me. Maybe its because I each so much chocolate I am immune to its affects. Mmmm ... chocolate flavored Pepsi.

KelseyChristine said...

Your new layout is beautiful!!
And your kids are ADORABLE, of course :)

CKW said...

Can I just take a minute and wave a banner for the Diet COke with cherry and vanilla. It is my current drink of choice and about 3 packs of it now reside in my cupboard. Jay and I have even decided we like it better than (gasp!) regular diet coke.

...Just felt like I needed to throw my two cents in there. (see, I do comment when it's something really important. There's nothing like a debate about the best caffeine to buy to make your family come out of the woodwork.)

P.S. Love the new look!

Unknown said...

my home teacher works for pepsi and brought me over some of the new diet pepsi jazz black cherry and vanilla flavor. it's yummy, it's like having dessert!
how do ya like that, i get my caffenine delived by my home teacher. oh yeah!

Carina said...

I am a diet coke with real citrus or diet lime coke ONLY because I like the taste of diet more than regular.

I once drank half a regular coke out of sheer desperation. It was a dark, dark day.

All those fancy flavored sodas make me want to heave-ho.

Bek said...

Plain Jane...is that you mom?

We should make your website the Jeff update site...we can put his letters and pictures up...

Come on...I'll help...