Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby Day...

We are all set for tomorrow. I think.

Today I bought some clothes for the baby (we needed those, I got rid of the rest and can't find the packed stuff), a car seat, some diapers and a few blankets. That is all I need, right?

The camera is charged, the DVD player is charged (DVD's to be packed later), the iPod is charged..... and I finished the laundry. I got a haircut (but didn't make time to color...boo) and Lu and I had a pedicure today. Check and check.

There is something to be said for leaving things to the last minute. The kids are actually being good today (granted, I haven't had them inside much, I even ordered pizza and "encouraged" them to eat it picnic style outside). Jacob also said for the first time "there is a baby in my mom's tummy". He hasn't really gotten it. Then he went on to tell the listener that it was a dragon with fire in it's mouth. So, maybe he really doesn't get it.

Lauren is convinced that the baby will have red hair (I wish), I think she might be a little white haired/blue eyed like Lu. Maybe she will be black :-). Mostly we just hope she figures out the whole eating/oxygen thing in a timely fashion. Stanford doesn't have more than a few private rooms and it isn't one of those hospitals that has birthing suites. It is a hospital... so going home is a good thing....

My sister will update the blog as soon as she gets info. I even have a new iPhone and can e mail pictures (I am a total techno-dinosaur). So check here. Prayers are always appreciated, but I know that most of you have done this before and millions of women have done it before me. I don't look forward to the actual LABOR part of labor, but at least by tomorrow, it will be over.

I am also thankful for knowing this diagnosis before. It would be so shocking if after all the delivery stuff of tomorrow, I had to deal with the initial shock and trauma. It has only been 5 months, but I still remember it. What a small blessing to have tomorrow be just about anticipation and joy.......

Talk to you soon, wish me luck.

18 comments:

sara said...

I'm delurking to say I'll be praying for you. I very much enjoy your blog and will look forward to meeting the newest member of your crew!

Bek said...

I love de-lurkers. I never know who is reading this thing besides my mom and a few loyal commenters (I forgot how to check the site reader..oops). THanks for the kind words. We can't wait to meet her too....

Anonymous said...

XOXOX!!!

Can't wait to hear all the exciting details. Easy labor prayers being said for you!

Anne said...

Thinking of you! And sending short, easy labor vibes...:) Can't wait to hear she's in your arms!

Anonymous said...

Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Single PAP said...

Have a safe and easy and SHORT delivery! Prayers on the way.~Laura

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well. You will be in my thoughts. Good luck!!!

More Caffiene, Please said...

Can't wait to see her, I know she'll be beautiful. AND I can't wait to see your other beautiful kids with her. Good luck!

Carina said...

LUCK!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! Thanks for all your kind comments to us. We love you, even if from afar. Birthing of Babies is scary, even in the best of circumstances. You'll be great and fine and watched over.

Anonymous said...

Love ya, Sweetie. Can't wait to meet her and hear how you are. Prayers, of course, are forthcoming.

Erin said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking (and praying) for you.

Tablogger said...

Good luck, R & D! You'll be in our thoughts & prayers. Looking forward to meeting your newest family member

Emily S. said...

Lots of love and luck! Can't wait to hear the news!

Wendy said...

You are in my prayers! I can't wait to "meet" Baby G. And maybe she will have red hair afterall. ;-)

Wendy from Flippin' Sweet

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about you!!! I hope she's black, too, LOL. That made me spit out my coffee. I'm 7 months along and think the same thing when I look at my beautiful Ethiopian daughter's dark skin. Much prettier than my translucent whiteness.

Fast and easy labor vibes heading your way :)

Danielle in CO

Lisa said...

Good luck! Have a great epidural! Ask the nurses to bring you juice and diet coke in a styrafoam cup with pebble ice!

We love you! and can't wait to meet baby girl!

(And good luck explaining to Jacob why you're not bringing home a fire-breathing dragon home from the hospital.)

Leisha Mareth said...

Awww, I hope she DOES have red hair! Maybe she'll be black with red hair, and, um, fire-breathing? LOL.

Good luck with everything tomorrow! Can't wait to see your new girl!