Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter -- Part One


The kids in their Easter outfits. Remember how I was the mom that had them in matching outfits all the time? I think that mom is on vacation.

I keep hearing everyone say how Easter snuck up on them this year. I knew I would be (possibly) having a baby right around then, so I shopped early. Then I moved and put everything in a "safe place". So safe it was never to be seen again. So, when Easter REALLY snuck up on me a few days after getting out of the hospital, I had to start all over again. I used my superhuman mom skills to make Lauren think it would be a good idea for the Easter Bunny to come during church in case I was up at night with the baby.... Here is the note she wrote. It is priceless.
Dear Easter Bunny (I corrected the spelling)

Please skip our house if mom is up with Grace and if not, hurry and do it quick before mom wakes up and if mom is up come back when mom is at the doctor and we are at church between 9:30 and 12:00 am. The almost eight sister (it was mom's idea), Lauren.


So, the Easter Bunny left this note on the door

Lu wanted to check and see if he ate the carrots she left

This is what they found (Jacob can make the greatest gasping sound...)

Lauren is a believer, I think


While the kids were at church, the Easter Bunny got cracking. I kept the two little girls home that day (we still have to take Gracie J in to the doc every day). Norah "helped" me.

The kids Easter baskets are these metal buckets I have had forever. During the rest of the year, they hold craft stuff, but they get to come out once a year and be Easter Baskets.

These plastic pinwheels were in the garden section of the dollar store, but they are pretty sturdy and haven't been destroyed yet. Plus, the matched the baskets, so I HAD to get them...


This year, Easter was brought to us by the Japanese dollar store that is next to my ped's office. Not kidding. I spent 30 dollars and had Easter DONE.

I also had some candy. I was very happily putting candy in the plastic eggs to hide. Norah was just as happily opening them up, tasting each piece and spitting them back in the egg. We make a good team. For the record, she likes jelly beans but isn't a fan of those marshmallow circus peanut things (these were Tigger shaped). I only had about 20 eggs because the kids found the eggs earlier in the week. They very carefully lined them up on the back deck and hit them with their golf clubs. Bye bye eggs. It is a good thing that our back fence is 12 feet tall and covered in spider vine. I can imagine that we will find ALL KINDS of good stuff in there when we finally get rid of it. Norah also got one of those Fur Real chickens. My MIL has one and she spends lots of time carefully feeding it the bottle so it will make sounds. I let her have it while I played Easter Bunny.


17 comments:

Carina said...

Our easter bunny was a late riser too! The bunny hit after church, which worked great for one exhausted mama.

Anonymous said...

The Easter Bunny (when Bek was little) always came on Saturday. We were able to celebrate all day, in all kinds of ways. AND...we always made it to church on time. We started this because our next door neighbors did this. Actually, it worked well and we continued the tradition.

Love the pictures.
mom

wendysue said...

Once again, you're amazing Bek, I probably would've just said the Easter Bunny forgot this year!

I love Lauren's note, especially the careful cursive writing of her name, I LOVE that age!

And HOW did I forget pinwheels this year? My kids love those!

Leisha Mareth said...

Okay, and how did we make the paw prints up the walk? I thought I was doing good to use our dog's paw dipped in paint to sign the letter!

Such cute pics!

Bek said...

Thank goodness for the internet..the bunny prints are just cut out from a piece of paper and then I sprinkled baby powder to make the prints..next time I will use powdered sugar, it cleans up easier!!

Mak said...

Wow- I'm impressed. It was all the bunny could do at our house to get eggs colored and hidden, let alone make notes and leave footprints.

I'm such a boring Mom. Next year the bunny is totally coming on Saturday...

Bek said...

please, the bunny WOULD have come on Saturday (we do that too Mom) but on Saturday all the treats were STILL AT THE DOLLAR STORE!!

Betina said...

Is that a Hanna Anderson dress that Lauren has? I think I have one in the same fabric for Ivy. I love it.

You are AMAZING, Mrs. Easter Bunny! The chalk bunny prints and all.... wow. I can't wait to see how your Easter goes when you have not just given birth and moved and gone through test after test for your toddler. You are amazing!

I think you looked beautiful pregnant. Big and beautiful.

PS - our Easter bunny comes on Saturday. Sundays always throw me over the edge... to add the Bunny in the mix... impossible.

Bek said...

Betina,

Yes, it is a Hanna. I LOVE her stuff. Sadly, lu's instinct is to be very creative with her clothes and often ends up looking like a street walker. This is a good comprimise for us... They are pricy, but wear well... ;-)

Really, the easter thing took 4 minutes and was a stop gap. I bought myself some extra time while the kids were at church. Really. It wasn't as cool as it looks....

More easter pictures on the way...

angie said...

this is my favorite easter story ever! i love the notes back and forth - and the white foot prints - are you sure you just had a baby?! you are supposed to totally blow things like this off - but instead you come in like a superstar!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is hysterical. Love the note to the Easter Bunny. That needs to be framed and hung on the wall every year during Easter.

Bek said...

GREAT idea Deanna... I might keep it up year round..

Speaking of notes, I just found a few more from her in a notebook... that could be a blog series on it's own...

Mary said...

You have just inspired me to use bunny paw prints every year- how clever!

CKW said...

I didn't have a baby 10 minutes ago and our easter wasn't nearly as creative. Very cute! Did Gracie get her present and letter from Lu?

angie said...

What a fun mom you are!! i love the footprints!

6footmama said...

Hey there---It's been so fun catching up with you. So many changes! I absolutely love your house...and your new daughter. The Easter bunny was pretty good to you this year. I am impressed you are out and about taking pictures and keeping up with life. The spirit of the house totally changes when a new "spirit" comes to live--doesn't it? Grace has graced your family. so sweet. Congrats and God bless, Rebecca.

6footmama said...

By the way, I just noticed my post prints "6footmama"--it's me Michelle Larsen, in case you didn't recognize me !!:)