Sunday, March 02, 2008

The word of the day is prayer..

*** Update. We got the MRI and it all went smoothly. N didn't have any reactions to the meds.. in fact, I have never seen her SO animated. She was singing like a drunken sailor. I have a good idea of what she would be like drunk (the best part? She kept taking a toy car and would push it in wobbly circles on the bed with a very loud, very wet "vrrroooomm"). Even when she was going under, the nurses warned that some kids get very agitated. Norah just laughed like an evil genius. Coming out, she just sang and sang. I guess all the prayers worked. We should have results on Thursday. THANK YOU for all your prayers and thoughts. It worked!! ****


Even if you aren't a "prayer" please keep our little Norah in your thoughts. Tomorrow is the big day, the MRI. This is what we have been waiting for since we heard the words "we suspect there may be a mass in your daughters brain" over two months ago.

We have had many appointments leading up this with all kinds of experts trying to pin down exactly what is causing the delays (my vote is still on "stubborn diva with an attitude" but that is another story). The MRI will tell us, or rule out, tumors, cancer, etc, etc. That is the big one.

The test is at 1:00 pm PST..... keep your fingers crossed that she doesn't suddenly get a cold (they won't do it if she is sick) and that everything goes smoothly. I was in early labor all weekend and have been on official bed rest.... so my goal was to make it to Monday. At this point, after the test, the baby can come any time as far as I am concerned, though it would be nice for her to wait until after the weekend so we can move...

I'll let you all know....

26 comments:

Proudmama said...

I haven't ever left a comment on your blog, but have really enjoyed reading it the past few monthsx I will be thinking of your family tomorrow and hoping that you receive very good news about Norah.

Courtney

La Yen said...

You've got it. And keep your legs crossed until you move. (Although, you will get out of a lot of unpacking if you are in the hospital recovering...hmmm.)

Anonymous said...

You've got them from here, too, from all of us.

And I'm with la yen--keep those legs crossed along with all the fingers.

Haley Warner said...

Bless your little heart.. you are all in our prayers and your little Norah is especially. (LOVE LOVE LOVE your new house!)

Bek said...

Welcome proudmamma.. I appreciate your thoughts..

La Yen and CW.. I am doing NEARLY nothing..so no worries. I have no guilt about this (sadly)... I am paying packers. The end.

Hayley, thanks for your thoughts. You continue to inspire me and once we get this baby here and I have lost a few...we are DYING for new family photos... your little clan is adorable...

Nellie said...

I had no idea tomorrow was such a big day -- you are in my thoughts and of course my prayers. Do they put N completely out for the MRI, or is it quick? I get all those scans, etc. mixed up . . . I really hope it is the best of all news. And the baby -- can't wait to "meet" her. I wish it could be in person -- you have no idea how much your blog keeps me smiling. XO

More Caffiene, Please said...

You win the award for most enduring mother of the year. There are points for you in Heaven, I'm sure of that. I'll be praying... keep us updated!

Bek said...

Awww shucks.

The MRI is one where she has to be completely under. That is why it stresses me out a bit... she feels more fragile than my other two linebacker children.

Enduring... none of us want to, but we have to do it, right? WE just do what we have to do.... but I will be glad when baby is here and we know what her package is and we have this test behind us... at least we can have more info to go on....

Emily said...

You have prayers coming your way from our family. We think your Norah is pretty great, and pray that the news will be good!

Anne said...

Bek, I didn't know this was happening with Norah -- I'll be thinking of her and all of you tomorrow, and hoping you hear good news. Take care.

Bek said...

Is that Anne, Hyatts mom? Your blog went password protected and I haven't caught up with you in AGES... is your blog open for visitors or just family? I would love to "catch up".

My e mail is on the profile, if you are sharing the password... otherwise, I hope that she is doing well and that all things are going well in your life...

Carina said...

A prayer in my heart all day for all of you.

CKW said...

Sam has been praying for Nori every night (and at every meal, and in primary...)! We'll be thinking about you all day and will check in later.

Leisha Mareth said...

Oh my heavens! Your precious girl will get my prayers today! XOXO!

Unknown said...

Been praying. Wasn't able to fast - fighting off a cold. But I am definitely praying. Pretty little Norah!!

Anonymous said...

That little girly is so cute I can hardly stand it!

I didn't realize that "brain tumor" was on the list as a possible cause of her delays. Waiting for two months to do the MRI must have been stressful. I certainly hope you hear the best possible news. Once again, you impress me with your grace and your courage under fire!

Anonymous said...

You know I love you and your family- prayers and more prayers coming your way.

JENNIFRO said...

Wow. Sorry for all the worries. I will be thinking and praying for your sweet family.

Liz said...

bless little norah!!!

Lisa said...

We are all thinking of you--extended family as well. You can do this. All of it. Owen had his first fast yesterday--for Norah. I'll tell you about it sometime. Promise me you'll go get a reuben today!!!

Anonymous said...

lots of prayers for little norah and your family.
~laura

petie said...

What the. . .??? That blog made ME stressed out. I hope your MRI results are the best possible, that your move is drama-free, and that the new babe delivery happens smoothly. We're thinking about you!

angie said...

I am so glad it went smoothly, as far as little No-no...Jacob talked about her a lot and it was cute to hear her name come out of his sweet mouth!

Miriam said...

Oh, I missed a few days around here! I will pray for lots of doctorly wisdom and nice timing from the newbie. One vat of Thai food, coming up.

Heather said...

I'm so anxious over here in Pennsylvania wondering how the MRI went and how you are doing (i.e., labor? bedrest? etc!)
Checking constantly for updates,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I kept waiting for a new post to appear on my reader, and then finally I thought "hm, maybe I should check the original post". Cause I'm quick like that. Glad she did well during the procedure. Prayers are still coming.