Wednesday, March 05, 2008

News is news...

I am happy to say that playing the odds FINALLY worked in our favor. We got a call back from the Neurologist tonight (how great is that? She called us this evening...) and there is no mass. That is the good news. Pretty much rulering out anything in her little noggin besides what is supposed to be there is good news. The bad news (if you can even call it that) is that it doesn't explain the behavior that made them think it was there in the first place. It also doesn't give us an "easy" answer for the delays. But, we will keep looking.

I have seen some great progress in the peaknuckle over the last few weeks. She will now point to (and recognize) her nose on a semi consistent basis, she decided to stand up all by herself last night (she just got on her knees and stood up...but she hasn't done it since), and she is pretty much constantly yelling "Jacob, NO". She may only have 8 words, but she puts them together..so that is something. She also is acting more and more toddler like each day; getting into mischief, dumping out boxes of things, playing in the toilet, getting into the shoes (and pretty much always going for the Gucci first, so she IS a smart girl) and throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way. Totally normal (and in the tantrum department, might I even say ADVANCED) behavior.

I'll take it.

I am too tired to put a picture up, so this is another boring word post. I have stopped having contractions despite all the running around I have been doing. The house is mostly packed and what I don't get to, the packers will do. By Saturday it will all be moved to the new house. All the utilities are ready to go, we signed the papers on the house today and close on Friday, the cleaners are all lined up and I even managed to weed out unneeded books/papers and clothes. I am on FIRE.

How much do you want to bet I have this baby Sunday once everything is done? My OB is already down for 100$.... any takers?

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved! Good luck with everything this week. I wish I could help!

Keep those legs crossed:)

Carina said...

Nesting a little?

So glad about N.

Erin said...

That is such good news! I forgot to comment on your last post, but you guys were in my prayers. So glad about the happy prognosis.

I can't believe you're moving this week, too. Good luck with everything!

Renee said...

Praise the Lord for wonderful news!

Happy Moving!! Your new house is amazing!

Heather said...

Oh I'm so glad to read this post! Wonderful news on all fronts. Yay! O.k., so you're in your final days and you're packing and sorting (on top of everything else you're doing)!?!?? I'm a few weeks behind you and the thought of all you're doing makes me want to... SLEEP. I've gotta say, though, that BECAUSE OF YOU I'm non-stop thinking about reuben sandwiches and pad thai. (and strangely the idea of eating the two at the same time-- i.e., the combo of the two-- is *VERY* appealing to me). Thanks a lot for *that*
;0
Heather

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! I agree with azucar. You really don't need to taking nesting to heights such as these. What happened to lowering the bar, friend? :)

wendysue said...

Holy cow! How did you get all that done? I guess Azu is right. . .nesting! Hopefully that little one will obey and stay put until next week!

Yeah for Norah!

Anne said...

Whew -- very happy about the MRI results!

Best of luck with the move. New baby needs to sit tight for a little while longer...

Haley Warner said...

You've probably gained a total of
7 lbs. 7 oz. since being pregnant with all your STRESS! I'm SO happy that this baby will be here soon and Norah checked out alright.. things will be good.. I can tell. :)

Leisha Mareth said...

That is really great news! What is the new baby's due date again?

Bek said...

Trust me ladies, the bar is VERY, VERY low.... there is lots of tv watching and cheesecake eating in between all that is getting done.

My children are also being totally neglected!!!

Heather, I have seen your pictures and you need to eat more pad thai and ruebens (mmm, rubens...). You are TINY... besides, chasing twins is a lot of work, plus the working full time, the writing books...come on pot, kettle is calling you out.


Haley, I was very smug at the beginning. I was all "look at me..I am not very big and haven't gained very much weight....". Now, not so much. I have gained more than the basic 30 pounds, but I am pretty sure that once I stop eating Ruebens and cheesecake, it will come off..

We are almost in the home stretch people. I am now the little engine that could. Frankly, I have a few more boxes that I need to pack myself and after that I give it all up to everyone else...

C. Jane Kendrick said...

You have Guccis???

Bek said...

Cjane--shh don't tell anyone (I am kind of a shoe and purse lover).

Here is secret number two... Dh has more pairs than I do (but his are a gift from his parents, each year for his birthday they give him new dress shoes and shirts...the fancy ones...we are too broke to buy fancy shoes for BOTH of us...!!!).

Nellie said...

Whoa! You are truly amazing! I am SO glad the news is good for Norah -- she is such a cutie pie, and I am relieved for you. It sounds like the whole nesting thing has taken on new meaning with you lately. CRAZY! You are truly unbelievable, and I hope all goes smoothly the rest of the weekend. Oh, and I am jealous you even own a pair of Gucci's.

Wendy said...

Hooray! I am so happy for you all.

Good luck with the big move. :-)

Wendy from Flippin' Sweet

Bek said...

Thanks again!!

It isn't like there is a closet full of them or anything..just a few. My inlaws have VERY good taste. Most, if not all, nice things we have come from them....

Leisha, the baby's due date is April 1st...so I still have a way to go, technically, but I doubt I will make it that far. Wouldn't it be ironic if she was like two weeks late?

Christie said...

Bek I am so glad the results were good ones. Good luck with the move this weekend.

JENNIFRO said...

I am so glad to hear that her test was clean. What a nightmare all of this must have been. You sure seem to cope well with everything. Best wishes for a great weekend.

Mumsy said...

OH MY GOSH, Bek. I'm tired just reading all that's been going on for you. Glad everything's okay with Norah.

Take it easy. Good luck with everything! And I sure hope you get a few night's good sleep before you go into labor. Maybe Tuesday?

Betina said...

I am really happy to hear good news about Nora.

She seems to be mkaing improvements in developmental order. I am hoping this will start to snowball once her neurons get the hang of things.

Putting words together is GREAT!!!!

Cindy said...

Hi Bek, wow, that is a BIG relief! If it makes you feel any better, our triplets, now 20 months, don't say more than 10 words each (Tsega was less). And my identical pair are also teeny weeny in the height dept--still never made it to US charts. But other than that, they are doing great and right on target. Nora is obvioulsy unique and cute as a button! :)

P.S., your new house is smackin gorgeous!

Peace.
-Cindy (Ethio-triplet mama)

Emily S. said...

Glad to hear the news. I hope you get settled in just a bit before the baby :-). Good luck! You are great!